International Student Admissions

International students who wish to enroll at Acadian Aviation need to comply with the following guidelines as shown below. Once you have filled out the Acadian Aviation Application (Download & Submit the NEW Acadian Aviation Application here), you must then apply for an M-1 Visa.

M-1 Visa

The M-1 Visa allows a student, who plans to study full-time, to enroll in a non-academic or vocational study program in the US. The M-1 Visa is good for one year, with extensions granted under certain conditions. Typically, full-time is considered 18 hours a week, but each institution can adjust the hourly requirements based on their own program. At Acadian Aviation, you can expect to complete 20 hours per week of flight training and study while studying under the M-1 Visa program.

Applying for your Visa

Be sure to follow the  Acadian Aviation Application guidelines to expedite your application process to our flight academy. Once your application is complete, and we have confirmed that you are eligible for admission, we will send you your I-20 form, which you will need to schedule an interview for your M-1 Visa.

Gaining Entry into the US

Once your M-1 Visa has been granted, you must meet certain guidelines to be admitted into the US. You must be healthy, you cannot be infected with HIV, you must be able to support yourself while studying, and you must submit proof that you intend to return to your home country.

For more information, visit, the federal government’s resource page about U.S. Visa Policy and Procedures. Refer to this site often to learn about the Visa application process, understand current requirements, and stay up to date on recent developments that could affect the application process and your eligibility requirements.

Prepare a Letter of Financial Ability (See Below)

NOTE: A $200 non-refundable application fee is required for this step and must be completed before continuing to any other step in the process.


You are not permitted to change your course of study.

You and your dependents may not work in the U.S.

You may not be granted more than one Leave of Absence during your training and it may not exceed 30 days.

You must enroll in a full course of study and train on a full-time basis.

You must complete your program in no longer than 150% of the specified training time (i.e., a 30-week program must be completed in no longer than 45 weeks).

Proof of English Language Proficiency is required.

You must maintain health and accident insurance.

When applying for a student Visa, you will be required to prove that you have strong ties to a residence in your home country, in which you have no intention of leaving AND that you will leave the United States when you have completed your studies. The more information you have that shows this, the greater the chances for approval.

The ability to financially support yourself outside of your training program will play a major role in your admission. You may also need to show proof of health insurance that will provide for any medical needs during your stay in the U.S.


  1. Ownership of Property
  2. Proof of Immediate Family Based in your Home Country (i.e. Parents, Brother/Sister)
  3. Evidence of a Mortgage Payment
  4. Letter from a Future Employer (with an indication of future employment)
  5. Proof of Assets (Car, or other physical property)

1* Healthy: No inoculations are necessary unless you were recently in a country with such epidemics like cholera or yellow fever. You will not be allowed entry to the U.S. if diagnosed with HIV.

Law Abiding: You will be subject to deportation if you demonstrate criminal behavior.

Financially Able: You must be able to support all expenses outside of your training program while completing your studies in the United States.

Departure Intentions: Proof may be required to show that you have an interest in returning to your home country. See the above table for example documentation.


Even though you have been granted a Visa, this does not guarantee your entry into the U.S. It is ultimately a decision made by the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service). They alone will determine the total period of time they will allow your stay in the country. An INS official will validate your Form I-94, Record of Arrival-Departure, which notes the length of stay permitted. This form will have the appearance of a small white card that has been issued by the INS upon entry to the U.S. This is your permit to remain in the U.S. for the length specified.